Midcounties Co-operative Fund
The Midcounties Co-operative has over 350,000 members and more than 9,000 colleagues making it one of the UK’s largest independent retailers. Our purpose is to work towards a better, fairer world, enhancing the lives of our colleagues, members and customers and the communities we serve. We believe in:
• Democracy – ensuring the views of our membership are reflected in the way we run The Midcounties Co-operative
• Openness – being open and honest and fair in our dealings with everyone we come into contact with
• Equality – recognising the contribution that everyone can make in developing The Midcounties Co-operative
• Social Responsibility – reflecting our responsibilities to the wider community in the way we conduct our business
Our Board has four key social goals, these are:
• Supporting Communities
• Defending the Environment
• Developing Young People
• Developing Co-ops
The Midcounties Co-operative Community Fund (MCCF) is for the benefit of communities where The Midcounties Co-operative trades. You can see where our stores are located by clicking Co-operative Community Funding - The Midcounties Co-operative
MCCF welcome applications from all Community and Voluntary groups that are working in their communities and have a particular interest to hear from projects that are supporting our social goals.
Who can apply?
To apply for funding the applicant (individual submitting the form) must be a member of The Midcounties Co-operative and membership should have been in place for at least three months prior to application. Further details on membership can be obtained here http://www.midcounties.coop/membership
Groups need to:
• Be working within The Midcounties Co-operative trading locales http://www.midcounties.coop/What-We-Do/Store-Locator
• Be a not for profit, third sector voluntary or community group active in their local community and run by local people, with an income of less than £200,000 (in the last financial year)
Be established for at least 12 months when you apply
How much can you apply for?
Grants are up to a maximum of £2,000 and groups are advised only to apply for the amount they need to purchase an item of equipment or to fund a project.
What to do next?
Please ensure your group satisfies all of the criteria and conditions outlined within the Grant Guidelines prior to applying to the above grant programme.
If after reading the Grant Guidelines you feel that your project fits the criteria then you can apply for funding at Co-operative Community Funding - The Midcounties Co-operative
Good luck with your application!