The Community Foundation’s application process
1. 1. To ensure that you do not waste time unnecessarily, we strongly recommend that you read the What we won’t fund section of the website carefully before you start your expression of interest form.
2. If after step 1, you feel that your project is eligible, fill in our expression of interest form. We will let you know if you are eligible and send you an application pack. We make our application forms as straightforward and as short as possible. If your project is not eligible to apply to one of our funds, we will aim to put you in touch with someone who can help you.
3. Complete the form and return it, within the deadline shown on the front of the pack. If you have any problems completing it, call us for assistance.
4. A member of the Grants Team will assess your application and will either visit or telephone you. This meeting also provides the opportunity to discuss the application further and answer any questions.
5. Your application and our assessment report go forward to the relevant Local Grants Committee. The committee then makes the decisions and these are ratified by our Trustees.
6. If we turn you down, you will get details in writing of the reason why. Contact us by telephone or email and we will let you know if you can re-apply.
7. If you are awarded a grant, you will be asked to report back to us on how the money is spent and has been achieved.