Friends Provident are one of the Community Foundation’s longest supporters. Their support started in 1993 with the funding of our newsletter. Then in 1997 Friends Provident set up their named fund, pledging to build it up to £20,000 over the next four years.
The Friends Provident Fund was set up to benefit small charities and voluntary groups in the Salisbury and district area. Grants of almost £6,000 have been made to date to help the following groups:
· Cherubim Trust - supporting young musicians and other arts projects
· Dogs for the Disabled - provides support dogs for disabled adults and children
· Salisbury & District CAB - provides advice to individuals and campaigns to changes things, which affect people’s lives
· SWIFT (South Wilts Intervention for Trauma) - Group of 8 doctors supporting the local ambulance service by provision of an accident trauma team working in the Salisbury area
· Wessex Community Action – working with the Sunshine Healthy Living Project to set up and run support groups for older people in Mere and Tisbury
· Wiltshire Children’s Breakaway – providing holidays for disadvantaged young people who would not otherwise have a holiday
Friends provident have recently renewed their commitment to us by donating a further £20,000 to their fund, which we can match with £20,000 from the Grassroots Endowment Match Challenge. Their fund will now provide a healthy sum to be distributed for grants now and for years to come.
"Friends Provident has a history of 'putting something back' into the local community. We work with the CFWS because their expert advice and local knowledge enables us to achieve more with our investment than would otherwise be possible. They focus our support where it can most make a difference, creating a lasting impact to the benefit of everyone living and working in the Salisbury area." Said Ashley Taylor, Senior Manager, Group Communications for Friends Provident.
Adrian Taylor, who worked for Friends Provident for many years, now retired, has been a member of our Salisbury Grants Committee since 2005 said:
"It has been very rewarding to be part of the Salisbury Grants Committee of the CFWS. At each meeting we evaluate a number of applications, which have been carefully processed by the CFWS team and then allocate available funds, as we feel appropriate. This activity presents a fascinating insight into a wide range of very worthwhile local community activities. In addition, there are regular opportunities to see the impact of grants made, at first hand, through visits under the "Seeing is Believing" programme."
May Grant Round Results
We are proud to have awarded grants worth £47,600 to 10 south Wiltshire charities, £71,452 to north Wiltshire charities and £35,705 to Swindon charities. Please see below for the full list.
Read more »
Jon Yates visits Romanian Community Foundations
Our Development Director Jon Yates recently Romania to attend their national conference of Community Foundations.
Read more »
Annual Celebration 2014
We were delighted to welcome 200 people to our Annual celebration at the 'Art in The Garden' Exhibition in West Lavington in June.
Read more »